On 6 May 2010 19:37, alan c <aecl...@candt.waitrose.com> wrote:

> On 05/05/10 09:37, Dianne Reuby wrote:
> > I'm confused - I've read about the min/max/close buttons being moved,
> > and I was quite happy, soon got used to it. But I changed to another
> > theme and they're back on the right.
> >
> > Is it just that 10.04 is using some legacy themes which haven't been
> > updated? (These are in the pre-installed set, I haven't added any
> > myself).
>
> Theme clearlooks will revert the windows button to the right hand
> side. I prefer this although if I further, after this, I  customise to
> get 'colours'  as Ambiance, for example, I get 'modern' colours and
> buttons but on the RHS.
>
> I understand that the legacy 'Human' theme (8.04) is still available
> to install from repos, if wanted, I was tempted, but Clearlooks, with
> a little customisation seems ok for me.
> --
> alan cocks
> Ubuntu user

It would seem that only the two new (default) Ubuntu lucid themes have the
buttons on the left hand side.

It seems that most if not all of the themes you download from
http://gnome-look.org/ or http://art.gnome.org/themes/ are the traditional
orientation.

As a netbook interface user I dont really notice as I dont use min/max -
everything is max and its very productive that way.  However, I do usually
run two netbooks, so perhaps that's cheating...

--
John Stevenson
jr0cket.com