________________________________
De : Alan Pope <a...@popey.com>
À : UK Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com>
Envoyé le : Mer 19 mai 2010, 7h 41min 41s
Objet : Re: [ubuntu-uk] Running From USB

On 19 May 2010 07:18, Stephen Garton <sheepeating...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way I can secure the Live USB? Do other people do this?
> Would I need to roll my own live cd (e.g.

No, just install onto a usb stick rather than copy the cd onto it.

Boot off an ubuntu cd, put a usb stick in and run the installer as if
you were installing to the local hard disk but choose the usb stick.
This is what I did with my 32GB usb stick and it works perfectly. I
can plug it into any machine and carry my encrypted data around with
me.

Cheers,
Al.