> Hi all,
>
> Just a thought I wanted to put to the list. Considering today's news [1]
> and in particular the demise of Becta, the government's technology
> agency for schools, is there an opportunity for FOSS to replace some or
> all of what Becta used to provide?

I think that the software used in schools will be driven by the support
staff delivering IT solutions. Most schools don't have their own IT folk but
buy them in from the local authority and/or the private sector. I'd have
thought that getting OSS in schools kinda depends on getting it into the
organisations who provide IT to schools first...

Chris