On 25 May 2010 22:05, Harry Rickards <ha...@linux.com> wrote:

> On 25 May 2010, at 21:08, Jon Farmer <j...@bctech.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 17:38 +0100, Dianne Reuby wrote:
> >> Has anyone tried the ITV Player in Firefox in Lucid? I can play
> >> pre-watershed items, but others give another flash window which
> >> lets me
> >> choose whether I want a PIN or not. Whichever option I choose, it
> >> tells
> >> me my security settings don't allow me to store flash cookies, and
> >> do I
> >> want to modify them. Again, whether I choose yes or no makes no
> >> difference.
> >>
> >> And I only want to watch a programme about sailing around Cornwall
> >> - my
> >> mother would be happy for me to watch, I'm sure. :)
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Yes, same problem with Firefox. Works seamlessly with Chrome though.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jon
>
> Are you sure it works with Chrome? It doesn't for me (I installed
> chromium-browser I think).
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

I was having the same problem until I tried the below:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash
$ sudo aptitude update
$ sudo aptitude install flashplugin64-installer

Once I restarted Firefox I was able to access iPlayer, ITV Player, Eurosport
etc etc.

The web page that I found it on (which I can't now find) suggested removing
"flashplugin-installer" prior to running this. I must admit that I didn't
and it does not appear to have caused me any problems.

Stu