On 06/06/10 17:47, John Stevenson wrote:
It sounds like you are running the open source driver for your graphics card and not the nvidia closed source driver. The open source driver does not support 3D, but should work well as a desktop in all other respects.

In System > Administration > Hardware Drivers it should tell you if the nvidia driver is activated and will let you activate the driver if its not.

--
John Stevenson
jr0cket.com <http://jr0cket.com>

Yay, that worked. The drivers installed, and I just put the Extras for the desktop and ist working. Brilliant, thank you, and thank you to everybody else who helped too. I really appreciate it. :)

John.

--
Ubuntu User #30817