On 11 June 2010 18:41, Rob Beard <r...@esdelle.co.uk> wrote:
> Actually I was able to use the full 4GB on my notebook with 32-Bit
> Ubuntu.  IIRC on older versions (I believe 9.04 and lower) I had to use
> the server kernel, but on newer versions it just worked.

The newer installers (karmic onwards) detect when you have more than
3GB RAM and install the PAE kernel. Contrary to Liams protests about
PAE it works just fine, and there's no config.sys, DOS=HIGH or LIM/EMS
in sight :)

> Saying that I'm running the 64-Bit version at the moment although I am
> seriously considering going back to the 32-Bit version as some stuff I
> have has niggly problems (I can't for the life of me get the LogMeIn
> plugin working and I can't figure out the plugin wrapper).

My desktop is 64-bit and I have zero issues. Interesting that all the
issues I had in the past revolved around proprietary nonsense like
Zattoo, Skype and Flash. Slowly these people are sorting themselves
out, although Adobe seem to be on self-destruct.

Cheers,
Al.