Hi All,

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction to help with a
minor issue. I have a desktop running ubuntu in Bishop's Stortford, but
I currently spend most of the week working in Norwich, where I use my
laptop to log in via ssh for various bits and pieces. My desktop turns
itself on every day at 4:30 and I turn it off when I'm done via ssh. All
good.

I have a fairly hefty graphics card on the desktop that I'm sure drains
a lot of power when the desktop is on. Is it possible to have the
desktop running as a headless server most of the time, then perhaps use
some sort of key combination to switch on the graphics card when I'm at
home?

Thanks!

Tim