I recently uninstalled PulseAudio to get Skype working properly and the
latest updates are trying to reinstall PulseAudio and some other bits,
luckily I managed to notice PA in the list of updates and only install
the recommended updates, not the partial distribution upgrade.

*phew!*

--
*Ronnie Tucker*