On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Thomas Ibbotson
<thomas.ibbot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Nexus One, but I don't have a wireless router in my college
> accommodation and I'm not allowed to install one. I was wondering if
> anyone knew a way to connect my phone to my computer's internet
> connection via bluetooth. I know you can do the opposite, i.e. allow
> my computer to use my phone's internet connection, but I think I'm the
> only person in the world who wants to do it the other way round. It's
> impossible to find anything by searching, as everything I find is for
> connecting my computer to my phone. I know network-manager can handle
> bluetooth networks, but I can't find a way to set one up that my phone
> can connect to.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Not sure about Bluetooth, but with a second wifi adapter you should be able
to configure an ad-hoc network from the Ubuntu machine.  You'd need to
configure the Ubuntu machine as a DHCP server and configure IP forwarding -
this might be a breach of terms though as this would technically make the
Ubuntu machine a Wireless router....

I'd be interested to find out if this is possible using bluetooth...although
if bluetooth devices are assigned an IP address then it should be possible
to route traffic from bluetooth over the Ubuntu box.