On Thursday 15 July 2010 07:36:24 Bob Giles wrote:
> There is probably a simple answer to my query but so far it has eluded
> me. I have added a line to /etc/fstab which originally mounted a couple
> of shares on my Netgear Duo NAS at bootup. It worked fine for a couple
> of days and has now stopped working. However, if I run sudo mount -a in
> terminal the shares mount as expected.

Is networking available at boot-time? Or only after you login? Does mountall
run before networking starts? One difference since Ubuntu 7.10 is the addition
of network manager and when networking starts (on bootup versus on login).

The easiest solution is to script a "sudo mount /media/Storage" as part of
your login.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest
man, I would find something in them to have him hanged."