On Friday 16 July 2010 21:18:47 Rob Beard wrote:
> Is the Extents where it allocates space for big files?  (I found
> something about this when googling about EXT4).

Extents are a method of pre-allocating space to avoid fragmentation. ext4 will
be faster for copying large files.

Regards,
Tyler

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein