Thanks Liam,

They are in aluminium enclosures, which are hot to the touch, so I guess
they are pretty effective heat sinks in themselves. I did think about
making a small enclosure to hold both HDDs with a fan at one end, but
I'm not sure which is best:

- Individual aluminium enclosures, good heat sinks due to HDD in contact
with case.

- or HDD suspended in a 'tunnel' enclosure with a slow moving fa at one
  end of the tunnel drawing air over them.

Cheers for the input.

Jon Reynolds
(j0nr)