I installed the latest Ubuntu Studio as a virtual machine in VirtualBox
(host is Ubuntu 9.04). It is the 64-bit version.
It is also up-to-date with the latest updates.

But, there is no sound at all in the virtual machine.

I tried the setting for audio in VirtualBox set to Alsa and then to
PulseAudio, neither made any difference.

Also, in Ubuntu Studio there is no sound device recognised, and no
Volume control.

How can I get sound in Ubuntu Studio in this virtual machine?

I can get sound okay in Ubuntu 10.04 as a VM in VirtualBox.

David King