On 18 August 2010 11:35, Sean Miller <s...@seanmiller.net> wrote:
> On 18 August 2010 11:33, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> It depends on the definition of recursive I suppose.  If you fully expand it:
>> GIMP ->
>
> No, it doesn't... recursive acronyms don't involve expanding the
> components therein that might be acronyms in themselves... recursive
> acronyms have to recurse in themself... GIMP doesn't, so it isn't.

I think you have made my point, it _does_ depend on the definition.
By that definition it is not recursive, by another it might be.

But actually my original point was, to quote myself, "the G is already
recursive", I only later tried to extend that to the whole acronym.
The G stands for GNU which is itself recursive.

Colin