On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 23:26 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 31 August 2010 23:18, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a good reason why we are the UK and not GB team?
> >

> We cover mainland England/Scotland/Wales and Ulster. If we were GB
> then we wouldn't cover Ulster.
>
> Since the Ubuntu-UK LoCo was started a separate Welsh LoCo
> (Ubuntu-CYM) has been started, but there is not a LoCo (that I'm aware
> of) specific to Ulster.
>
> There are some convincing arguments for there to be further LoCos in
> smaller regions like counties or indeed cities, and in the future,
> that may well happen. In which case Ubuntu UK may become an umbrella
> organisation for the others. For now though, Ubuntu-UK covers the
> regions outlined above.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

UK = United Kingdom of GB & Northern Ireland. Ulster is the old region
of Ireland which contains all the counties of N Ireland but also others,
like Donegal which remained part of Southern Ireland on Partition.

I hope Wales will never separate from Ubuntu UK, but is probably needed
to deal with special local issues like the language,

Tony
(member of Ubuntu UK and Ubuntu Wales)