On 16/09/10 17:28, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> so you're saying I should just be able to put the live cd in one of my
> machines, then use a network boot over the lan

Yes, but this only works for the Edubuntu 10.04 DVD, not the other
'buntus. I know it gets you as far as booting an Edubuntu client over
the network, but I don't know if the installer is included in that
client as that isn't something I have previously done. I have only
booted one machine from the DVD and then the second machine via PXE from
the first machine. If does use the liveCD image including the installer,
it will definitely be the easiest way to PXE boot an installation. I
would expect it to work, as it would surely be easy and obvious for it
to use the image already on the DVD which already has the installer
built in, but I cannot guarantee it because I have not tried it for that
purpose.

--
JimP