On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 02:00 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

> Get them onto the LTS release *now* and then you can safely leave 'em
> there 'til 2012. *Don't* put them onto 9.10, it's already obsolescent.

On the other hand 9.10 on my laptop is rock solid while LTS on my
desktop is flaky with random freezes. This is widespread problem as
shown below.
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/585765)
I would favour using the most stable version for their particular
hardware rather than automatically going for the latest and the greatest
and risk ending up with dissatisfied users.