On 05/10/10 12:33, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
rythmbox keeps crashing, but I'll try songbird

On 5 October 2010 09:39, George MacLeod<bhalt...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Strange that you've had problems with these players I have used all three
but have stuck with Rythmbox and Songbird. Rythmbox can play MP3 files,
makes a play list and also syncs with Ubuntu One. Both have album art
capability as well as many other features.

--
I know, I use Banshee and although it crashes about once a month it's as reliable as anything else and pretty fast (Amarok is painfully slow, especially on GNOME and Exaile is also very slow and crashes a lot). I'm not crazy about Rhythmbox but it works OK. I tried Songbird a couple of years ago, it was fast but very buggy - if it's better now, I'll give it another go.

I used to use gmusicbrowser a couple of years ago because I have a huge music library and everything else was hopelessly slow ( I set up Amarok with a mysql back end once but it was still not great). But Banshee is pretty nifty these days and since gmusicbrowser's interface is clunky and annoying I've switched back to Banshee.

Paula