your right. its not an ubuntu (or mint) issue anymore considering cant even
see the screen anymore.

Although your post has triggered a thought. The monitor is still connected
to the graphics card..so i think maybe thats why i cant see anything. I will
try and connect to the graphics card connector!  maybe that will fix the
issue of the black screen.
Will post on linux forums as someone has kindly pointed out (unless i
install maverick of course :)

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 7 October 2010 00:12, javadayaz <javada...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Update:
> > So I was playing around in the bios..and perhaps stupidly, selected the
> > output to onboard. This has now rendered a black screen. The pc still
> turns
> > on but I see nothing. I must add that for the last few years I've been
> using
> > the graphics and no gcard.
> >
> > Looks like its completely buggered now.
>
> Do you mean you cannot even get into the BIOS to change it back?  If
> so then this is not exactly a Ubuntu (or Mint) issue.
>
> By onboard do you mean the onboard graphics driver?  If so then did
> you move the monitor connection into the onboard graphics connector?
>
> Colin
>
> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

Regards