Hi all,

Last year we had a rather smashing time at the Christmas event with an
evening of sherry and mince pies at the Hub in Islington, London. I
propose we do something along the same lines, perhaps at a different
venue. There is another Hub in Kings Cross which is rather nice, and I
am sure there are other venues about which we could invade, either ones
we can hire (it worked out at £5 per head last year), or get for
nothing. I would rather not do a pub evening for this (but we should do
one some other time).

If London happens not to be the city nearest you and you think LoCo
things are too London centric, then fear not, there is a solution to
this! Email the list with something along the lines of "I want to
organise a christmas party in $city, who would like to come along/help
me organise it?" and in no time at all there will be an event convenient
for you to attend :)

Alan.