On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 12:38 +0100, Steve Fisher wrote:
> I am a Management Accountant, I dislike Sage with a vengeance.  I
> prefer Opera my self, but I am an xBase programmer :)

My wife and I rand a business for years until I retired.  Our accountant
got us using Sage, and I thought it was dreadful!  I was going to make
some spreadsheets to do the job properly, but instead I retired and
passed Sage on to the nice guy who bought my business.  Best thing I
ever did!

Are there no pre-designed spreadsheet templates out there?  A friend of
mine who was chief accountant with the then electricity board locally
wrote his own spreadsheets because he said there was nothing out there
that a professional accountant would use!  He was very computer
literate, but not a programmer - and he found spreadsheets really easy
to customise.

Regards,                Barry Drake

--
Sent from my Dell Netbook using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.