On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:12 AM, looba lou <loobalou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My name is Louis Millwood AKA Looba or Loobbalou as i go,im a 33 y.o male
> from just outside Manchester.
> Ive only been using Ubuntu  seriously for a 10 days and a week of that i
> was off-line with HDD failure so realy only about a couple days.
> So im still quite taken back with how it works and how much is available at
> just a click or 2 of a mouse away.ITS AWSOME.
> Ive got go a good knowledge base on computers and computing so im sure it
> wont take me that loong, i am quite looking forward to challenge.
> Ive started using linux as an OS because ive seen it as natural progression
> the my learning of computers of which i am all self taught. i realy do want
> make a big
> push towards becoming a developer and realy taking full advantage of the
> tools and people within the community. So i hope im going to an asset not
> just to the uk development the over all progresion of Ubuntu.
>
> Nice to get my 1st post up on the forum, am looking forward to meeting
> working with you all im
>
> thanks for reading my intro hope uve enjoyed and ill chat chow for now
> peeps
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Hi Louis

Welcome to the world of Ubuntu, and you are joining us at the right time.
Manchester has a number of Free Software, and Linux User Groups, and is home
to the best Ubuntu / Debian conference in the North, Ucubed
http://lespounder.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/ucubed-28th-august-2010/
We are organising another event for April 2011, and I do hope that you can
come.

In the meantime welcome to the mailing list, and here are a few links for
you to look at

http://madlab.org.uk/content/manchester-free-software/
http://www.manlug.mcc.ac.uk/

Les