On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:07 PM, javadayaz <javada...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well this is what i want to do!
> Buy a laptop.
> reconnect my old hd's ( x2) to the laptop via the usb docks. Then using a
> xbox360 downstairs stream my media downstairs through the docks!
> If that makes sense.....

If you want multiple drives, why do you want a laptop?

Use a low-power desktop or a solid-state server like a GuruPlug or
PogoPlug or something like that. But for 3½" HDDs you will need power
supplies as well.

Docks are for when you want to constantly remove and replace the
disks. If they are meant to be permanently in use, put the drives into
external enclosures.

If I may say so, it sounds to me like you've not really thought this
through or done any research at all. It's not hard to use Google or
indeed Froogle - why are you asking other people to do it for you?

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508