On 14/12/2010 16:26, John Stevenson wrote:
On 14 December 2010 16:20, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gbpli...@gmail.com <mailto:gbpli...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    The scenario.
    We have two broadband suppliers to our house - on two separate phone
    lines, BT, the home supplier and another supplied by the company
    my wife
    works for.
    The router supplied by the company my wife works for is unlimited
    traffic, the BT is capped at 10GB per month.
    I have two computers - a Windows 7 laptop and a 10.04 Ubuntu Netbook.
    The odd thing is this - if I connect to the company router using a
    cable
    with the Windows 7 machine, it connects normally and normal internet
    operations can be done. The NIC is set to DHCP both for ipv4 and ipv6.
    If however I connect the Netbook via the same cable to the same router
    using the "Automatic" (DHCP) settings both for ipv4 and ipv6 on eth0
    there is NO internet access AT ALL! I've tried entering the manual IP
    data but still NO ACCESS at all!
    Why should this be and what do people suggest I do to get it to
    work? (I
    can't access the router at all....)

Hello Gordon,
I suggest trying without IPV6 enabled, if you have not already done so. Using the network manager you should be able to set IPV6 to ignore. Then do a complete restart.

I dont know if this wil fix your problem, but it is the first thing I would try.

Hi John,
It was set to "ignore" initially and that wouldn't connect either, so when I saw that the NIC on the Windows machine was set to DHCP for ipv6, I changed it, with still no effect!