On 16 December 2010 19:08, Dan Fish <d...@fishms.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with work colleagues reading emails. When important
> documents are circulated, invariably one of two things happens -
>
> 1) They deny receiving the email which I know is a load of rubbish
> because I can track this very easily vie the postfix etc logs
>
> and more irritatingly
>
> 2) Say they've read the email and document when they blatantly haven't!
>
> I know you can request return receipts and what not, but these are
> rarely returned in my opinion, and don't let you know if the content has
> been red. Is anyone aware of an open source solution that will allow me to
>
> 1) 'Post' to a ?message board within the LAN that a document needs
> reading by a group of staff
> 2) Allow them to digitally sign (via their login) that they have
> actually read the document

I don't see how you can force someone to read a document.  You could
force them to sign to say they have read it, but they could still just
sign without reading it.  How will that be any different from your
situation 2 above when they say they have read it but, as you put it,
blatantly have not?

Colin