On 17/12/10 15:55, Alan Pope wrote:

> I have some idea what I'd use, but wonder what selections people would
> make, and maybe what additional things you'd do with such a box? I
> don't want to get into religious debates about which mail server is
> best, just what you'd choose and maybe why.

Zentyal (aka ebox) will do much of the "business end" of your list out
of the box and is built on 10.04 server. (It also will do a jabber
server too)

> Media server (music/photo/video):- ???

I've been playing with a few of these recently for our Telly - none
really hit the mark yet. Mediatomb (in the repo) is OK, a new one -
RyGel http://live.gnome.org/Rygel - should be ideal when it's finished
;-) . The one I have found that works the best so far is called Serviio
(although it's free it isn't open source) but it managed the most media
formats and trancoded seamlessly.

> What am I missing / what would you do?

Get out more ;-)

--