On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 22:21 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 19 December 2010 21:52, Bruno Girin <brunogi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You'll have to compile from source but it uses the classic GNU autotools
> > steps so it is straightforward. Download the LibRaw-0.12.0.tar.gz file
> > from the web site and then do the following:
> >

> If you don't fancy building from source, I just put libraw-0.12.0 in a
> PPA on launchpad. That way you can install/uninstall the deb nice and
> easily and don't need any of that command line stuff ;)
>
> Can't guarantee I'll update it, but happy to do so if someone reminds
> me now and then :)
>
> https://launchpad.net/~popey/+archive/libraw
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Thanks for the ppa (and the heads up about the version upgrade) - I
installed this (as well as manually building it afterwards) but still
get the same effect, so guess it isn't libraw causing the problems now.

I have tried the trial version of Bibble which works fine but would like
to try some of the products in the repos first (when I fix this little
issue).

Hopefully I can look at some other things tomorrow. Shame it wasn't
libraw as this did seem to be a promising lead.

Vince