On 15 February 2011 15:31, ** <johnbrid...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have put ntlmaps on one of my work machines (Ubuntu 10.04) in order to
> authenticate to the work ISA proxy server. Synaptic, apt-get, etc all work
> fine,
> and many websites also work. There are however some web sites that will not
> display at all (e.g. ubuntu.online02.com) and Firefox says it is waiting
> for the
> website, some sites that display most of the page but never seem to
> complete
> (www.bbc.co.uk) and on yahoo.co.uk, the site says it cannot display as the
> browser (Firefox) is not recognised and I should install Firefox.
>
> I also have a work Windows XP machine, alongside the Ubuntu one, which is
> connected to the same network segment on the same network switch and which
> runs
> Firefox without any of the problems detailed above. I have spent a couple
> of
> days Googling without much success. Anyone have any ideas?

I set ntlmaps up on a machine at a client site last year and it took a fair
bit of tinkering to get to work properly.

If you run the daemon from a command line you can see if there is an
authentication error. Also running wget with the daemon as a proxy can often
give clues as to why a page isn't loading.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
My CV: http://bit.ly/sfg <http://bit.ly/sfgreenwood_cv>_new_cv