Laptop with standard Ubuntu 10.04 desktop installed, Netbook with Ubuntu 10.04 Remix installed, both with Samba installed and all updates installed, both on same home (wireless) network. I have made the Public folder on each User to be shared, with read/write permissions and guest permissions checked. If I go to network on the Netbook I can see and open, without any prompts at all, the Public folder on the laptop. However, the Laptop, although it sees the Netbook on Network, when I click on it I get a dialog box "Opening Netbook - you can cancel this operation by clicking Cancel" and then I get the error message "Unable to mount location - failed to retrieve share list from server"
Both machines are logged on with the same user and the same password.
Why should the access be OK one way but not the other?