n Wed, 2011-03-16 at 14:51 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 16 March 2011 14:47, Sarah Chard <sa...@streetentertainers.co.uk> wrote:
> > Is it possible to add in the .22 version and then just choose it to use
> > within base?
>
> You can, but it's easier to set it system wide..
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java -> "Choosing the default Java to use"
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Al
thanks for the suggestion
I already looked at this -  my problem is I cannot revert to the .22
version without removing the .24 version and then getting the broken
package problem (i have tried twice)
if I run
 sudo update-java-alternatives -l
I get
java-6-openjdk 1061 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk
java-6-sun 63 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

I know I have the sun .24 version installed at present as if I try to
mend the package after removing .24 and then installing .22 (which is
the point I get a broken package)it just updates them to .24

Sarah