Yes they do use an awful lot. This is what we think of most people in buisness
development or knowledge transfer.
>From what I understand and I'll put it from my point of view: a materials
>scientist.

This is professional network similar to linkedin but with a more focused
purpouse  of getting innovators, enterpreteneurs (?sorry for all misspelling)
and scientists talking. The way I see it to generate more money a country needs
create new markets. To create new markets you need new innovative buisness and
to do that you need to discover/create new things that brings us to research.
(But first you need a population that actually wants new and/or better things,
but that is another matter)

But it is pretty new and needs people to ask questions and people share info.

--
Sent from my Nokia N900