Well since my thread about possible RSI, I think I see an improvement.

Basically, I got myself one of those wrist supports (the gel pad that you rest your wrist on) and that started feeling more comfortable straight away. I also use a spare mouse mat to rest my elbow on (as my elbow was getting very sensitive to the touch due to resting on table all day).

This combination has definitely made my wrist feel better. Coupled with this, I had the 11 day break over Easter and just resting it for a prolonged period really made a difference.

So I thank you all for the advice and comments.

Additionally, I went to the doctor about it (but this was after it was already starting to feel a bit better) and she reckoned it was probably a ganglion. I mentioned to her that I thought it could well be RSI related, but she didn't seem to interested in that idea. She arranged an x-ray but I forgot to go. But I don't feel the need any more any way. All that did was weaken my opinion of my doctor; she's very much the sort to say 'oh you're fine its nothing' - not great for making you feel like she cares or knows what she's looking at!

Cheers all.

--

Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
http://www.jcrdevelopments.com