Hi Alan,

I'll stick the same thing on the Etherpad, but I just wanted to drop
in this comment...

How will you be supporting it?

I've set up machines for my dad and aunt, both of whom are very remote
(They both live >3 hours away). Both are using Ubuntu, and I've set up
OpenVPN to my home machine, and then vino (with a password) and SSH.
With this, I can connect and run updates to their packages, and walk
them through stuff over the phone without needing to trek down to
them. Using OpenVPN means that even if their ISP tells them to reset
the router (had that one) or their router blows up (that one too), I
can still get onto their systems as soon as it's connected back to the
internet. Another unexpected bonus was when my Aunt's last laptop was
stolen, I was able to tell the police a rough time of when it went -
as that was the last time my system saw her machine connected!
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs