On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 11:31 +0100, alan c wrote:

> On 23/05/11 09:53, Avi Greenbury wrote:
>
> > They're specifically not. If, on first boot, they were presented with
> > Grub asking if they wanted Linux or Windows
>
> with respect, I think the choice is between 'Ubuntu' and Windows
>
> --
> alan cocks
> Ubuntu user

The howling silence I notice about the whole 'Race Online' think is that
cheap 'puter's aren't the issue. Pretty much anyone can get their hands
on a PC capable of running a sensible Linux distro.

The issue we keep coming across is the heavy recurring cost of broadband
in the UK for low-income households.

Paula