On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 14:12 +0100, Dave Hanson wrote:
> Does anyone know of an emulator type application which could run
> native Ubuntu programs on my Samsung galaxy s2, running android?
> Perhaps even a way to dual boot it to run the desktop edition or maybe
> meego?

No such thing exists. The closest possibilities are:

1. Port the Ubuntu ARM release to the S2 hardware. Depending on your
definition of fun, that will not be fun.

2. Use a VNC client on the S2 to connect to a normal Ubuntu desktop.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"I respect you too much to respect your ridiculous ideas."
   -- Johann Hari