Avi,

I was thinking of something like that as a basic solution too but didn't
know where to start to be honest, I have shellinabox running so I suppose a
script which allows a file to be uploaded and transferred would suffice. The
storage could then be limited by adding limits per users on the server
itself.

I have always meant to learn python or similar so I suppose now would be a
good time to start, it can't be any worse than doing this lot:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/CDInstall :)

Dave

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Avi Greenbury <li...@avi.co> wrote:

> Dave Hanson wrote:
>
>> To summarise what I'm after:
>>
>>    - The storage must be accessible from any browser as many networks
>> block
>>    ftp ports etc or only have 80&  443 open.
>>    - Have individual profile spaces (So, Storage limits can be applied to
>>    particular user, other users cannot access files that are not their
>> own,
>>    that sort of thing)
>>    - Not have speed restrictions, the transfers must be as quick as the
>>    network allows.
>>

> My first, entirely uncloudy, thought is to have sshd listen on port 80, a
> web server on 443 and write a client (a short bash or perl script) that
> rsyncs stuff over ssh.
>
> I might be highlighting my unfamiliarity with dropbox, however.
>
> --
> Avi
>
> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com