From: ubuntu-uk-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-uk-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com]On Behalf Of Alan Pope
Sent: 28 June 2011 15:52
To: UK Ubuntu Talk
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Photo Tagging and Search

On 28 June 2011 15:22, Jon Spriggs <j...@sprig.gs> wrote:
> The first one (about getting TinyCore running in QEMU) is here:

http://jon.sprig.gs/blog/2011/06/28/experimenting-with-tiny-core-linux-on-qe
mu/

thought the perfect way to produce a cross-platform, stable web
server… would be to create a QEMU bootable image of Tiny Core."

Cross-platform stable web-server is surely "your filesystem".

Far easier for someone to double click an html file in a folder which
references a images in subdirectories on the USB disk rather than
spinning up a VM?

i.e. the requirement to take the photos to someones house to show them
should surely just mean taking the photos in a presentable way, not
taking an entire (virtual) machine? I suspect this may be
over-engineering it.

Most photo apps have an export function to spit the photos out in some
way. Some can even spit photos out in a static html gallery on disk.

For example Picasa can spit the images out:-

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=11067

In fact Picasa would probably do everything the OP wants.

Cheers,
Al.