On 30/06/2011 16:18, Norman Silverstone wrote:
I have recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and I am unable to get the
buttons on the pad to respond when I am using GIMP. The pen and its
buttons are OK. Prior to installing 11.04 I was using 9.10 and the
buttons on the pad worked.

Norman >>> This is, I'm afraid, a hardy perennial: every new release of Ubuntu breaks the solutions that 'Favux' and others have engineered to get Wacom tablets working.

I'm sorry to say that I had to give up on this endless cycle when I started a serious photography course (for which I now use an Intuos 4 with an iMac and the various industry standard post-processing software).

I can only suggest the usual approach:  trawl through the recent stuff on

which I notice started in November 2008 (!). I see that Favux - God bless him; that man deserves a medal - is still toiling to repair Ubuntu's Wacom software, this time after the breakages caused by the 11.04 upgrade.

He's a great bloke, and will reply to your posts on that thread most helpfully. But do read and apply the relevant advice on the thread first.

Best wishes, as always.

mac