Hi All,

I find that a Ubuntu server (Release 11.04(natty) I inherited has available 60
GB of unused space on the hard disk.  I would like to expand the existing 40 GB
available to the server to incorporate this extra 60 GB, but I have so far been
unable to do it.

Using the Disk Utility on the Adminstration menu, I have been able to create a
new partition and drive in the free 60 GB.  However, I have to mount this new
partition manually, after the server has started.  The new partition then
appears as an icon resembing a drive on my desktop.

I have also used the GPARTED Live CD, but got the same result as above.

Any advice would be most gratefully recieved.

Many thanks.

Alex