** Jon Farmer <j...@bctech.co.uk> [2011-07-11 23:44]:
> On Jul 11, 2011 7:15 PM, "SuperEngineer" <boo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm... do we know if Gwibber [et al] plan to include Google+ - or is it
> > just just a bit too experimental as yet?
>
> It would help if it did twitter properly before it tried anything else.  It
> is without question the most awful client I have had the misfortune to
> encounter and I have tried a few.
** end quote [Jon Farmer]

Agreed, which makes it extremely unfortunate that it is the only client I've
found on any platform that supports the range of services I want to connect to.
I'm still desperately looking for a half usable client that supports at least
Twitter and Identica, but also Facebook (spit) and I guess now Google+
(Diaspora*?!). If it could handle multiple accounts that would be even better
(Twitter and Identica wise that is). Even if I narrow down the requirements to
just Twitter I can't find a client that I'm completely happy with :(

Empathy is somewhat lacking too unfortunately. It frequently fails to connect
to some accounts (not ones I really care about thankfully, and that is likely
due to the services themselves I suspect). There's a few features I miss from
Pidgin (although I'd have to power it up to remember the, as I've been using
Empathy for a while now - last seen time is one, although it is just last time
you were both on at the same time). The main annoyance at the moment, though,
is that I can't find a way to add a certificate authority to it so my Jabber
server throws up an error each time I connect (and I'd rather do it properly
than just ignore the error - these things annoy me!).