On 20/07/11 19:35, Dino T. wrote:
Hi everyone. I was thinking of doing a Linux course but haven't got a
clue on who to do it with. I live in Liverpool so any centre close that
is credible and good?

Try doing Linux From Scratch (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/) a few times manually - you will probably learn more than many courses will teach you and you won't be as tied a particular distro as might be the case if you did a RHEL or Ubuntu course for example.

(Interestingly Google threw up several ads to linux courses on the right hand side of their homepage - LFS is an educational project so that makes sense).

I'm sure there are good courses available but there is also a *huge* amount of educational and teach-yourself material available for free on-line.

Another good place to start?

TDLP http://tldp.org/

HTH

Al