--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Please do not send me word documents
plain txt or pdf are prefered.

----- Mensaje original -----
> I think you may be able to fix this by creating a symbolic link to where
> the program is expecting to find the library. As for where it would be
> looking, I have no idea... One would assume one of the developers could
> shed some light, or perhaps an installation guide or readme file.
> On Jul 26, 2011 7:13 PM, "Simon Redmond" <si...@sibass.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 19:30 +0200, mart...@vandestreek.net wrote:
> > > On 26 July 2011 14:32, Andrés Muñiz Piniella <andre...@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We are trying to install a software (coventorware) that
> > > normally is supported if installed in redhat 4 but "should
> > > work" on other linux distros like ubuntu.
> > >
> > > We managed to install everthing but there is one library that
> > > is missing: libgomp.so.1.   And we think it's called
> > > libgomp(something) in ubuntu (already installed).   it seems
> > > they are spelt slightly differently. How would I get the
> > > coventorware installer to find libgomp?
> > >

> > > This could be two different problems:
> > >

> > > 1. You're really missing the library. Try installing "apt-file", then
> > > do "apt-file update" and "apt-file search libgomp123.so" (replace
> > > with the file name you need) to see which package it's in
> > >

> > > or
> > >

> > > 2. The software you're trying to run is compiled for 32-bit Linux,
> > > and you're running 64-bit LInux. If you install libraries using
> > > "apt-get install" you get the 64-bit versions, which can't be used
> > > by 32-bit compiled programs. You either need to get a version of
> > > your software that's compiled for 64-bit Linux, get the 32-bit
> > > libraries on your system somehow, or install 32-bit Ubuntu and try
> > > with that.
> > >

> > > Martijn
> > >

> > I might be wrong, but this sounds like it could be solved by a symbolic
> > link???
> >
> > Simon
> >

> I think you may be able to fix this by creating a symbolic link to where
> the program is expecting to find the library. As for where it would be
> looking, I have no idea... One would assume one of the developers could
> shed some light, or perhaps an installation guide or readme file.

So, this symbolic link would it be this?
http://www.techiecorner.com/105/how-to-create-symbolic-link-in-unix/

readme  says that they only support redhat of the linux distros. Instalation
guide is a simple block diagram. Says something in the lines choos folder. Type
this and that, should be installed. Create desktop shortcut... I guess i could
just install redhat... But the last time i used redhat it looked so dated
compared to ubuntu.