On 28/07/11 17:27, Steve Flynn wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM, TT Mooney <ttmoo...@dilettantism.com <mailto:ttmoo...@dilettantism.com>> wrote:

    From the Register:

[snip]

Why are you telling an Ubuntu mailing list?

it is a UK story and Ubuntu might well be part of the answer to the government spending less, so I don't consider it wildly offtopic for Ubuntu UK, I have seen more spurious departures from topicality than that.

Funnily enough today was the deadline for a document submission for an interesting NHS Scotland tender for an Open Desktop for 100,000 desktops
http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JUN093903

I registered Ubuntu UK as an interested party, so I should continue to get updates on progress, the list of questions and answers on the tender is particularly fun to look through.

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at
http://libertus.co.uk