Hi Mike,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify things I've asked a bunch of questions below.

On 30 July 2011 09:31, Mike Carter <m...@tyncan.com> wrote:
> I am setting up an educational training company and I
> have been trying to get some help on setting up the network.

Is this computer based training?
What are are the courses in? - i.e. are they Ubuntu related or are
they generic computer courses like "How to use office" or something
more generic?
Courses that have already been written in some specific format or
something yet to be developed?
By "network" I take it you're talking about a training room of
computers with a setup people can just turn up and use?

> The local
> people I have asked for help have said I am crazy to want to base my new
> business on Ubuntu and are advising using Microsoft products.

Heh. Perhaps Microsoft products are in their comfort zone.

> The whole venture depends
> on having access to courses and I really need some sort of managed system.

By managed system do you mean a system to track student progress?

> am willing to be educated in running the system but I will have enough on my
> plate setting up and running the business. I am convinced that Ubuntu will
> provide the necessary system I need I just need someone to guide me and
> check that things work. If any one like a challenge then please get in
> contact.

On this mailing list you'll get community based help. If you're
looking for paid-for help with the project then I'd personally
recommend these people:-

http://libertus.co.uk/

It's run by Alan Bell and Alan Lord (yes, lots of Alans around here)
and they're both on this mailing list.

Cheers,
Al.