On 09/05/2011 02:11 AM, Joe Smith wrote:
With the new college, school and university year starting soon, I was wondering what tools can be used to take notes for lectures, classes, meetings, etc. in Ubuntu, or on Linux in general.

There are popular tools like MS OneNote and Evernote, but neither support Linux (granted they can apparently work with Wine but that's not the focus)

So, does anyone on here use or know of any decent software/methods to use?

P.S. My first time posting on the mailing list after being subscribed for a long time.
Hi Joe,

I would suggest Rednotebook which is available in the Ubuntu repositories. I have used it for quite a while and it does all that I want it to. It is open source and actively being developed. I know that it is technically a journal but you can adapt its use to suit. I guess having your notes on a daily basis may not be such a bad thing. Check it out at http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/ Lots of features!

If you want to spend money, Notecase Pro is well worth a look but if you just want to take notes, it's probably a bit of overkill. Check it out at http://www.virtual-sky.com/ Even lots more features!

HTH

Bob