Hello Everyone,

I have scoured the web and can only find half baked answers to my question -
I'm hoping someone here can help?

I know that Python is classed as a portable programming language (it will
run on anything) So I'm wondering how do you code in such a way that your
script can just be 'ported' over to another OS?

I have this code to locate the Firefox directory:

from subprocess import Popen, PIPE
> li = Popen(['find', '/', '-iname', '*.default'],
> stdout=PIPE).stdout.read().split('\n')
> flag = 1
> for item in li:
>     if item.find('firefox') != -1:
>         print >>outfile, "Firefox Directory: ", item
>         flag = 0
>         break

It works fine on my Ubuntu machine, It won't run on a Windows machine
(haven't tested) I think because I'm calling the unix version of find and
also my path is /, obviously this would be c: in windows.

I want to search the entire disk of any OS to find the Firefox cache
directory. Is it even possible to do this? I don't particularly need the
code to do it (I don't mind if you want to share though!) What I'm really
after is - Am I wasting my time even trying?

Best Regards,

Dave Hanson

<http://hansonforensics.co.uk>