On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 22:28 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:

> On 12 October 2011 20:57, Gordon <gbpli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>         What's the latest on these? Do they all work now in Ubuntu or
>         do some not?
>         --
>         ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com
>

> My Huawei dongle from Vodafone works OK.  I think most Huawei models
> work.
>
> Tony

I have a T-Mobile USB 615 dongle, which is a Huawei E173. It does not
work out of the box with 10.04. The dongle has both mobile broadband and
data storage abilities, and ubuntu mounts it as data storage only. I
have managed to get it working with a bit of command line modification.
It does not work with 11.04 either, this time it is mounted as a simple
wireless LAN dongle which automatically connects to my home network just
like the internal wireless card (which I turned off when the dongle is
connected). I haven't bothered trying to get it to work as a 3G mobile
broadband unit as I always use the 10.04 machine when I'm away from
home.

Barry T