Hi James,

Sorry to be a bit slow in replying. I don't have UEFI but on my last two upgrades have ended up in grub rescue mode. The instructions on the grub2 page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2 - section 12 "resinstalling Grub2") were very helpful in reinstalling and reconfiguring grub2.

All the best,

Tim