On 20/10/11 09:23, Avi Greenbury wrote:

In any case, if the users will have internet access or similar,  the
easiest way to do it (and probably the only way to get guaranteed
cross-platform) is to use a web interface and host it somewhere they
can all get at.

This was my thought too.

Joomla! has a brilliant extension available called Fabrik which is essentially a database & form design tool that allows the user to build custom storage for pretty much anything (I use it frequently on websites we build for customers). As it is a Joomla! extension it runs atop of the same MySQL database. Joomla!, being a web cms, allows the developer pretty much unlimited ways to present this data for user access and search etc.

HTH

Al

--
The Open Learning Centre