On 09/11/11 17:57, Tony Pursell wrote:

On 9 November 2011 11:56, scoundrel50a <scoundrel...@gmail.com <mailto:scoundrel...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 09/11/11 10:50, Colin Law wrote:

        On 9 November 2011 10:15, scoundrel50a<scoundrel...@gmail.com
        <mailto:scoundrel...@gmail.com>>  wrote:

            Anybody know how to get your multiple desktops back, after
            all the problems
            I got over, i still can get my dultiple desktops back, the
            icon doesnt work,

        This is apparently how to change the number of desktops (I
        have not
        tried it), perhaps yours has got set to just one.

        Colin

    Yeh I did that, and it says I have 6 desktops, but the Icon wont
    work and I cant use them, just one window.....

    John

Just a thought, but can you navigate to them with keystrokes, i.e. Ctrl-Alt-(arrow-keys)

Tony

Hi Tony, if you remember I said that using the Icon in the panel was not an option it just didnt work so I couldnt bring up the desktops , but I went back to Compiz>Desktop, and found that if I clicked on Expo, I could use the icon again, and it bought back the workspaces.......problem is, all this fiddling to get everything back and working, the amount of buttons I pressed which stated what I was pressing was in conflict with something or other (and this is what is annoying, it doesnt give you an option to not change something) there must be something somewhere that is still broken, and I have no clue why......but I do now have the Panel and the bar at the top back, and I can swap between windows, but dont ask me how that happened......there needs to be a manual on compiz in 11.10, because I have seen quite a few articles written about how you can so easily have your system broken with compiz.....I was just glad that I was able to bring up the compiz box....otherwise it might have been a new install.......

John